Expression In Jewels

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge--My Favorite Things

 

 




I love weddings--who doesn't?? This image from Stampendous, "Fran's Fashions" has got to be one of the most beautiful wedding stamps around. I had always wanted to see what this would be like if it was done in black and white, and this was the perfect time to try it out. Normally, I would have done this on a white background, but thought I'd kick it up a notch by stamping it on black. I used a white versa mark stamp pad, and used detail white embossing powder. To make the tuxedo stand out a bit more, I used an Ink Essentials pen to color in the shirt of the tux. To pick up the buttons and the pearls on the wedding gown, I used stickles. When the light hits it right, it looks like real crystals on the gown! The patterned paper is from Magenta, "Bold design and Butterflies". An EK Success edger punch finished the edges of both the card and the patterned paper. The burgandy flowers I had in my craft treasures from years gone by!! I hate to throw anything out cause you never know when you'll need it--perfect instance with the flowers!! The little corner stickers are from an unknown source. When I bought them, they had no package with them. I purchased all of my supplies for this project at The Rubber Room. All in all, I'm so pleased with how this card turned out!

Hope you are enjoying a few of your 'favorite things'...

Hugs--Rosanne
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At July 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Wow your card is beautiful Rosanne, the B/W colour scheme is so elegant and perfectly done for this weeks CCC challenge...thanks for playing along with us this week and now that the blog is no longer closing we hope that you will continue to join our challenges :) Donna x

     
  • At July 11, 2009 at 2:48 AM , Blogger The Crafty Den said...

    Hi Rosanne, what a perfect card. I love the image and the papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x
    ps - I've added your link to Mr Linky so that it doesn't get missed x

     
  • At July 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Ida / Little said...

    Oh this is gorgeous, and what a fab idea to stamp on black! Thanks for joining us at CCC and welcome back tomorrow! :)

    Hugs Ida

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home